CYERA FOR Healthcare Providers
Secure patient and other protected health info
Cyera helps you streamline your cyber resilience and compliance initiatives across your hybrid cloud.
Find and fix protected health information security exposures to maintain trust and avoid fines
Healthcare companies are rapidly adopting web and cloud-based technologies to improve the quality of care and experience for patients. These investments introduce new vulnerabilities that threaten long-standing security and compliance processes, which makes them an attractive target for attackers. Cyera ensures the protection of PHI, empowering you to detect and address issues without jeopardizing patient trust or incurring fines that could harm your business.
Consecutive years the healthcare industry had the highest cost of a breach
The year-over-year increase in the cost of a breach for healthcare companies
Average cost of a data breach in the healthcare industry
Maintain a detailed sensitive data inventory
Identify the known unknowns that increase your risk. Cyera dynamically discovers, classifies, and establishes rich context on the sensitive data you manage across your hybrid cloud.
- Discover personal, health, and IP secrets data across IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS environments automatically, without agents or connectors
- Automatically identify and classify sensitive data with unparalleled accuracy, without regular expression tuning
- Detect new or changed data continuously, ensuring that you stay on top of your evolving data landscape
Harden your hybrid cloud data security posture
Threat actors are increasingly leveraging web application attacks and system intrusion to compromise medical records data. Cyera enables you to fix misconfigurations and secure the sensitive data attackers are after.
- Identify sensitive data that has not been encrypted, tokenized, or hashed
- Highlight data drift outside of approved environments, including PHI data that has moved outside of approved environments or documents that are shared too broadly
- Improve your ransomware resilience by identifying stale, copy, or ghost data, as well as datastores missing backups or lacking delete protection
Govern sensitive data access to eliminate breaches
Insider threats account for 39% of data breaches in the healthcare industry. Employees are over 2.5 times more prone to making errors than engaging in malicious activities. Cyera enables you to quickly address permissive access and misconfigurations.
- Alert your teams to sensitive data that is exposed to the public internet
- Highlight overly permissive access to sensitive data, including global sharing permissions for unstructured data in SaaS environments
- Identify toxic combinations of security vulnerabilities, including stale accounts and compromised passwords, for both users and roles
Streamline audits and ensure regulatory compliance
Complying with regulations is an imperative for healthcare companies. Cyera streamlines audits with a centralized sensitive data inventory and sensitive data access graphs so your team can respond to audits with confidence.
- Ensure compliance with policies that highlight compliance exposures for HIPAA, HITRUST, NIST 800-53, CIS, GDPR, and more
- Accelerate responses to compliance and privacy audits with a centralized sensitive data inventory across your hybrid cloud
- Streamline remediation efforts with actionable guidance and workflow automation to resolve policy violations
Ready to get started?
Cyera makes it easy for security teams to procure and connect our solution to their cloud solution provider platform. Marketplace integrations make it easy to get started.
How a multinational pharmaceutical company uses Cyera to improve data security and compliance
The company chose Cyera’s data security platform to analyze its cloud data stores. In just five minutes, the company deployed Cyera on several hundred accounts, quickly discovering all data stores and identifying over nine petabytes of data. They integrated Cyera’s data into Splunk to create a centralized data lake with information and context on all their cloud data, which will help them rapidly identify and remediate any potential security and privacy risks present within it.